PIOCOL-110-heat resistant putty high temperature
Piocol Hightemp (P-110), is a ready-to-use, aluminum-filled repair and patching compound. Spreads like paste, hardens into metal. It adheres to metal, wood, plastic, glass, fiberglass, and more. Apply right from the can. No mixing of two parts, no measuring required. P-110 can be milled, drilled, tapped, ground and sanded smooth. Will not shrink or crack. It is water resistant, rustproof. It withstands heat to 5450C. P-110 is a breakthrough chemistry in the field of metal working putties, which provides exceptionally high mechanical properties, chemical resistance and heat resistance upto 5450C.
Piocol Hightemp has a large number of specialized applications, where high heat resistance and high mechanical strength are necessary. There are a many industrial applications and repair jobs, where engineers are in search for a reliable metallic putty, which will solve many of their high temperature repair and construction and installation work. Piocol Hightemp will be immensely beneficial in these kind situations.
Recommended Uses: Any application where a high strength metal putty with extreme high heat resistance, is required, Piocol Hightemp will be the ideal choice. It adheres to all metals and non metals. It has very high bonding strength once cured.
- Manifold repairs
- Pipe line repair where
- Repair gouged or worn core boxes with Piocol Hightemp.
- Patch industrial ovens with Piocol Hightemp.
- Repair cracked auto/truck/contractor machinery engine blocks with Piocol Fixup.
- Fill damaged and pitted turbines in power generation plants with Piocol Fixup.
- Seal leaking radiators and heaters with Piocol Fixup.
- Repair cracked boilers with Piocol Fixup.
- Repair damages before tefflon coating application
- Repair of moulds using Piocol Hightemp
- Not affected by mild acids; gasoline; petroleum; petroleum solvents; oil, or L.P. gas.
- Dependent upon thickness of application. Allow to harden for at least 24 hrs., then heat harden at 2200Cfor 1 hr.
- Fundry core boxes
- Duct work /radiators / molds /mufflers / exhaust systems / engines
- Burning stoves, grills,
- Industrial ovens
- Dented metal, prior to powder coating
P-110 adheres permanently to any clean and dry metal, wood, hard plastic, glass, plaster, or porcelain surface. Its strong bond withstands vibration and other difficult conditions. Once hardened (see Drying time), it can be machined, ground, filed, and sanded to a smooth finish.
P-110 is impervious to the attack of rust, rot, and mildew. It is not affected by varying climatic conditions, and the hardened metal can be coated with powder or liquid coatings
- Withstands heat to 545C
- Excellent adhesion
- Excellent weather and abrasion resistance
- Ready-to-use formulation; no mixing or measuring or heat required.
- May be thinned for brush and spray applications
- Can be milled,drilled, tapped, machined, ground, sanded and filed
- Will not shrink, chip, crack or peel and may be sanded to a feather edge
Surface Preparation: For best results, surface should be clean and dry (clean with Piosolv). Roughen surface to achieve optimal adhesion.
Application: Piocol Hightemp may be applied with a putty knife, spatula, trowel, caulking gun,or rubber squeegee. When filling deep holes or cavities, the putty should be applied in thin layers, less than 5mm thick. Allow each layer to dry for at least 24 hours at room temperature, and heat harden prior to each additional coat. To apply Piocol Hightemp with a paint brush, it must be thinned to paint consistency with Piosolv, then applied with light brush strokes — not worked over as with paint. Dip the brush into Piosolv periodically to keep the bristles free and prevent clogging.
Drying time: Depth of application determines drying time; hardening occurs by exposure to air. Apply no thicker than 5mm per application. The application must air dry for at least 24 hours, or until the product has hardened to a metal state. It must then be heat cured (before applying a second coat).
Curing: Piocol Hightemp must be applied in thin layers and allowed to air dry for at least 24 hours, then heat cured as instructed on the label. If Piocol Hightemp is not completely dry when subject to heat, and if the product is not properly heat hardened, outgassing or bubbling may occur.
Heat cure: After fully hardened, Piocol Hightemp must be heat hardened by exposing it to a temperature of 220C for one hour.Heat hardening must be completed prior to powder coating.